Monday, September 6, 2010

"You have to be a man before you can be a gentleman."

There were several movies with more than one quote on the list - so I decided to add some of my own to make it an even 100. One of my roommates suggested I add a John Wayne classic since my grandfather loves John Wayne. McLintock! is a comedy/western and I could definitely see my grandpa's sense of humor in John Wayne's character - GW McLintock. The main female character is named Katie again...I'm starting to wonder why my parents decided to name me Katye...

The interaction between GW and his wife Katie was funny to watch because they haven't been on good terms for a long time. It was an interesting film to watch because it shows the old west and the ideal cowboy in the time when homesteaders were coming to farm land and Indians weren't seen as trustworthy. However, McLintock has built a relationship with the Indians and knows they aren't savages.

One of the most interesting things in the movie was when Devlin spanks Becky McLintock and when GW spanks his wife Katie. Danielle and I did not see that coming and cracked up because we couldn't believe that just happened.

If you haven't seen McLintock! I'd definitely recommend it!

My favorite quotes from the movie:

"You have to be a man before you can be a gentleman."

"Douglas, I come close to killin' you a couple of times when we were younger. Saddens me I didn't."

"I'm sorry Katherine - that Katie just slipped out from times when I remember you as being nice people...  "

"Don't say it's a fine morning or I'll shoot ya!"

No comments:

Post a Comment